A workgroup of physicians, other medical providers, medical licensing officials and related organizations was created to develop opioid prescribing guidelines for Oklahoma practitioners. The guidelines are intended to help reduce the misuse of prescription opioids while preserving and supporting the vital role of medical providers to properly and appropriately treat pain. Guidelines encourage judicious prescribing, patient education, referral to primary care and treatment for substance abuse when needed.
- Opioid Prescribing Guidelines for Oklahoma Health Care Providers in the Office-based Setting
- Oklahoma Emergency Department and Urgent Care Clinic Opioid Prescribing Guidelines Booklet
- For pharmacists: Oklahoma Opioid Dispensing Guidelines
- Patient Information Handout: Pain Management for Emergency or Urgent Care
- ER/UCC Physician’s Office Poster: Oklahoma ED and UCC Opioid Prescribing Guidelines