A workgroup of physicians, other medical providers, medical licensing officials and related organizations was created to develop opioid prescribing guidelines for Oklahoma practitioners. The guidelines are intended to help reduce the misuse of prescription opioids while preserving and supporting the vital role of medical providers to properly and appropriately treat pain. Guidelines encourage judicious prescribing, patient education, referral to primary care and treatment for substance abuse when needed.
- Oklahoma Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
- Pocket Guide: Tapering Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Nonopioid Treatments for Chronic Pain
- Clinical Reminder Postcard
- Calculating Daily Dosage Fact Sheet
- Assessing Benefits and Harms Fact Sheet